Health & Safety.
Clover Technical Services recognises and accepts its responsibility as an employer and contractor to clients for ensuring a safe and healthy workplace and working environment for all of its employees and of any other person who may be affected by the actions of Clover Technical Services.
The Health and Safety of our employees and others affected by our undertakings are the prime consideration for the Directors of Clover Technical Services and they will apply this policy statement with due diligence to ensure full compliance with proactive safety management being pursued at all times.
Clover Technical Services will take steps within its power to meet this responsibility paying particular attention to the provision and maintenance of:
- A safe place of work and safe access aggress to and from it
- A safe and healthy working environment for all employees
- Plant, equipment and systems of work that is safe and well maintained
- Safe arrangements for the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances in line with current Statutory Regulations
- Sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision shall be provided to enable all employees to avoid hazards and to contribute to their own safety and health at work
- Suitable and Sufficient welfare facilities for all employees
- Adequate first aid facilities for all employees.
Additionally, Clover Technical Services will ensure an active regime of Risk Assessment is applied to all the activities carried out in full compliance with the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
To ensure continued safe conditions of work Clover Technical Services will ensure the provision of competent technical advice on safety and health matters, and have a fully qualified Safety, Health and Quality Manager.
Clover Technical Services appoints competent employees only, and co-operates fully with these employees providing them with the facilities and training to carry out their work in a safe manner. Clover Technical Services reminds its employees of their own duties under Section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act to care for their own safety and that of other workers, clients, employees, the general public.
All employees of Clover Technical Services shall co-operate fully with its Health and Safety arrangements, so as to enable them to carry out their own responsibilities successfully.
It is the policy of Clover Technical Services to do all that is reasonably practicable to prevent personal injury, property damage and to protect everyone, including other contractors, client’s employees and members of the public from foreseeable work hazards, which may result from any work carried out by Clover Technical Services.
Employees of Clover Technical Services are fully inducted and know and understand their duty to co-operate in the operation of this policy under Section 7 of the Health and Safety at Work Act:
- By working safely at all times when undertaking works on site
- By using protective clothing and equipment supplied to them
- By reporting accidents and hazards efficiently and effectively
- By adhering to procedures and systems of work at all times
- By co-operating and liaising with the clients and customers of Clover Technical Services as necessary.
A copy of the company Health and Safety Policy issued to all employees, including sub-contract workers. This policy will also be amended added or modified as industry practice improves or changes or in view of new legislation.
It may also be supplemented with further statements, risk assessments, (as required by the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999) or method statements as necessary in the future.
The Managing Director and Directors of Clover Technical Services accepts fully overall responsibility for ensuring its effective implementation, and for practically applying this policy on all contractual works.